Criteria for assessement of LIS650 student web sites
by Thomas Krichel
- Is the site encoded in strict XHTML 1.0?
- Is the site a contribution to knowledge on a subject, in the widest sense?
- Is the essence of the web site quickly obvious from looking at the homepage?
- Is the language informative or does it contain vague marketeese?
- Is the writing about the document talk rather about the subject?
- Is the information on the site effectively organized into pages?
- Is there redundancy of information on different pages?
- Are there pages that link to themselves?
- Do related logically related items relate visually on a single page?
- Does anchor text facilitate scanning of pages?
Last changed on 2009–01–03